Thursday, June 4, 2009

I feel great!!!


Lately I have been feeling like I have come out of this kind of dark place. Not that it was bad it I think was more a product of my environment more then anything. The move has been awesome and I have been reading a lot of articles on healthy living and well I am moving in the right direction. Here is something interesting that I found on the net from Dr. Douglas Graham in his book "The 80/10/10 Diet". Now I'm not going on the diet or anything but I found it interesting that I feel like I have been surviving more then thriving... with the move and my mind set in place, I feel like I am thriving!!!

Are you thriving or surviving?

Sunshine and natural light
Comfortable temperature
Clean fresh air
Pure water
Eat foods for which we are biologically designed
Pleasant environment
Security of life and its means
Satisfaction of aesthetic senses (beauty)
Biophilia (love of nature)
Internal and external cleanliness
Enjoy sufficient sleep
Enjoy rest and relaxation
Vigorous activity
Play and recreation
Smiles
Love and appreciation
Self control and self mastery
Self confidence
Positive self image and sense of self worth
Individual sovereignty
Emotional poise and stability
Peace, harmony, serenity, and tranquility
Thought, cogitation, and meditation
Inspiration, motivation, purpose, commitment
Creative, useful work (pursuit of interests)
Music and all other arts
Human touch
Expression of reproductive instincts (sex)
Friendships and companionship
Gregariousness (social relationships, community)
Amusement and entertainment
Sense of humor, mirth, and merriment